"As we express our gratitude, we must never forget that the highest
appreciation is not to utter words, but to live by them." John F. Kennedy
Why Choose a Career In Insurance?
The insurance industry is one of the best kept secrets in employment. It is a business that stimulates the economy, encourages business growth, backs investments, and has a real impact on individual communities - big and small.
Obtaining an insurance license opens the door to many areas of the insurance business from sales or service to technology or marketing.
Click here to read The Insurance Journal article "2015 Shaping Up To Be a Record Year for Insurance Jobs".
IIAK's Veteran's Pre-Licensing Program offers all honorably discharged U.S. Veterans who reside in the state of Kentucky the opportunity to receive their Kentucky Insurance License free of charge.
What is Included:
- Online Pre-Licensing Course - The online course is designed to prepare students for the Kentucky Property & Casualty Insurance License Exam. ($150 value)
- State Licensing Exam Fee - The fee to take the state licensing exam will be reimbursed upon receipt of passing the exam. ($100 value)
- Initial Insurance License - Payment of the fee to obtain an initial license. ($80 value)
- Pre-Employment Assessment Test - Allows employers to match your interests and skills with the best position to set you up for success. ($245 value)
Pre-Licensing Course Information
The Property/Casualty Insurance Pre-Licensing Course is an online course covering the following topics to prepare students to sit for the Kentucky Licensing Exam:
- Types of Policies
- Insurance Terminology
- Policy Provisions
- Kentucky Laws, Rules, and Regulations Common to all Insurance
- Kentucky Laws, Rules, and Regulations Specific to Property Insurance
The online course allows students to study on their own time, at their own pace. All students are required to pass an exam offered at the end of the course prior to taking the state licensing exam. The course must be completed within one year.
Course Tutition: FREE to all U.S. Veterans residing in the state of Kentucky.
Registration Requirements: All U.S. Veterans interested in participating in IIAK's Veteran's Pre-Licensing Program are required to bring the following verification items to a local IIAK member office.
- Current Photo Identificiation (driver's license, passport, military id)
- DD Form 214
- Proof of Kentucky Residency (driver's license, recent utility bill)
- Current Resume (click here for a template)
For a member location nearest you, please contact IIAK at 502-245-5432. Upon verification of the above credentials, an email will be sent to the address provided on the resume with login access to begin the pre-licensing course.
State Licensing Exam
Upon completion of the online course, including the course exam, students are eligible to sit for the Kentucky licensing exam. Students may only schedule exams once the pre-licensing course is completed. Upon completion of the exam, printed test scores must be sent to IIAK for reimbursement of the state licensing exam fees.
Initial License Application
Once students have passed the state exam, they may apply for an initial insurance license by visiting the National Insurance Producer Registry (NIPR). The cost of the license is $80, which is fully reimbursed by IIAK once the applicant has obtained the license. License application receipts must be sent to IIAK.